Months of Project: September 2014 to November 2014
Locations of Implementation
Health education program for Women & Children was conducted in the following 5 rural locations of different mandals.
- Ramallakota Village, Veldurthy Mandal on 20-09-2014
- Sudepalle Village, Veldurthy Mandal on 28.09.2014
- Bilakalagudur Village, Gadivemula Mandal on 12.10.2014
- Bhanumukkala village, Pamulapadu Mandal on 18.11.2014
- Vanala Village, Pamulapadu Mandal on 24.11.2014
Purpose of the Program
- To inculcate good health habits & practices among women & children.
- To enlighten women and children on nutritious balanced diet particularly fruits and leafy vegetables.
- To motivate women particularly pregnant & lactating mothers on health, child care, persona hygiene & nutritious diet.
- To aware children on personal hygiene, primary health, sanitation and seasonal & communicable diseases.
- To educate women on gynic & reproductive health systems.
- An average of 60 women & children benefited from each of 5 camps totally 300 women & children.
- The awareness level of women & children on health, hygiene, sanitation, communicable diseases, etc enhanced.
- The health practices and diet practices of women & children changed positively.
- The health and hygiene practices of the women & children improved.
- The consumption of nutritious diet like fruits & vegetables increased among women & children.
- The health conditions of pregnant & lactating mothers improved.
- The health facilities being provided by the Government is being utilized by the women & children due to motivation provided in the camps.
- Due to increase on health awareness, the expenditure on health reduced.
- Women & Children were timely approaching Govt. Hospitals & Primary Health Centers due to increased health awareness